1.15.2014

Starting Project Life!



I used to be WAY into scrap-booking, but as time moved on I got busy and photos started collecting on my computer instead of filling scrapbooks. Enter my favorite easy and inexpensive solution: Project Life! I wanted something tangible to be able to look back through our story, see what God has done and easily share our stories.

If you haven't seen it yet, check out the website for great details, products and inspiration: beckyhiggins.com

I received some fun supplies for Christmas and I'm excited to get started! Want to try it out with me? I'm going to be sharing my journey right here on the blog with some tips I learn along the way, fun ideas and probably total disasters too! (It's how we learn right?!)


So what do you need to get started? An album, pocket pages, your photos and a core kit! You can find pretty good deals on Amazon.com or purchase them at your local Michael's store (with your 40% coupon!) Print your photos at home or through a printing service, but the sooner you have them on the hand, the easier it will be to get started!  (Don't forget your iPhone photos too!)

A few other things you may like to have on hand:   Pens/markers, scissors, stamps or stickers and any other little memories you'd like to keep (aka: ticket stubs, a napkin, a special note, etc.) ... oh! And your favorite tea or coffee as you settle in for an afternoon of fun!




This is an example of a core kit. It includes several pretty papers that easily slip into the photo pocket pages! These easily make a pretty page that you can journal or add stickers, stamps, etc. if you want!



See how easily they slip into the pockets?! Then add your 4x6 photos or trim them to fit in the smaller pockets. There are so many creative things to do ... you could easily put together your album each month and start enjoying your photos NOW!


This is one of my first pages and it was super fun and easy (and addicting! I can't wait to do more!) My goal is to keep my photos printed and easily accessible so I'm planning to realistically print out of my photos at the end of the month and create a layout or two for that month. I may also create an album of past events (wedding, vacation, etc.) but I don't want to get overwhelmed! ha!

So! If you want to join with me, I'll show you what I'm working on and things I learn over the course of the year. I'll also be sharing special printables from time to time that you can use in your layouts! Look for one later this week!

Who's with me?!?

No comments: