9.16.2013

On Getting Stuck and Not Being Afraid...

I started this painting in May. I had this idea of what I wanted to do and how I was going to go about it. Let's just say it didn't quite go as planned. So, I worked and worked at it and finally put it away and started on something else. 
I came home from work the other day feeling restless so I pulled it back out. I decided to scrap my plans and try something new. I thought I wanted the coffee mug to be white and the wood grain to show through with stain for the "coffee".  The white wasn't working so I started to add color...













Finally I landed on changing the mug to RED! Oh, I really like it now. If I hadn't tried it, I never would have known. Sometimes, what I think is the perfect plan is a total fail. It's in those moments when I get brave that something beautifully unexpected happens.

(I'll share the final painting when I get it finished up!)

No comments: